Wednesday, February 25, 2009

That just happened.

I've been up since 3:30 am. So yeah, I'm tired. But I have in planner that I have to blog today, so I'm going to blog.

It's Ash Wednesday. For Lent I am giving up pizza and going to Stations of the Cross every Friday (except for maybe next Friday because I'll be on vacation with Katie in Dahlonega.)

Here are the movies:
100. The Three Muskateers
99. Independence Day
98. Kindergarten Cop
97. Hook
96. Beetlejuice
95. Mulan/Aladdin
94. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)



What It Is:
Will Ferrell doing what Will Ferrell does. He teams up with great actors: John C. Reilly, Sasha Boren Cohen, Amy Adams, and Jack McBSomething from 30 Rock. The movie follows a NASCAR champion with daddy issues who then names his own children Walker and Texas Ranger. The French (Cohen) come in and shake up the NASCAR world, which Ricky Bobby must overcome.

Why I Like It:
The awesome cast. The hysterical lines. Old School and Anchorman are more widely and universally loved but to me, they fail in comparisson to Talladega Nights. There's not a single moment of this obvious yet fun moive that I don't love!

I Bet You Didn't Know:
TBS is showing the movie all weekend. And if you go to TBS's web page about the movie to find out when it's playing, the picture they have up is actually from Anchorman.

Memorable Moments:
"THAT JUST HAPPENED!"
"Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers. "

No comments:

Post a Comment