Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Props to Me

I want to brag about myself, but first I need to disclaimer because this thing I view as awesomeness in myself is par or sub par for others.

When I was playing softball and had to run a timed mile every Wednesday for a year, the FASTEST I ever ran a mile was in 7 minutes and 37 seconds. My first timed mile that year was around 13 minutes.

In high school, while playing sports at BE, I probably averaged an 11 minute mile. And shortly after I retired from softball, I ran in the Cooper River Bridge Run 10K. Minus the miles I walked, my average mile time was 12 minutes.

I ran regularly for a few months last semester but then quit around holiday time. I've worked out a few times this year, but have not run. I ran a mile today on the indoor track at school where they have a timer. This is the first time I have run a mile in probably 5 months and the first time I've timed a mile in probably 3 years. I was sick last week and did little to none working out.

I ran a mile today in 10 minutes 21 seconds!

I think I'm awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment