Friday, March 20, 2009

It was a murder, but not a crime.

I had my oral arguments today. When I was going, I thought I was the worse of all the "counsel" because I thought my voice was a little shaky and that I stumbled through some stuff, and I forgot to do a conclusion. However, of all the feedback given by the "judges" afterward, I think mine was the best. They gave me some really good complements of the same quality that they gave the moot-courters last week. They said that my knowledge of the record was spectacular, I was impressively flexible with my arguments, my ability to answer a question with case law was text book, and that the attention I paid and responses to not only opposing-counsel argument's but the judges' questions as well were far above the skill level of a beginner. That was a long, poorly constructed sentence.

I made some motivational posters of my professors, but I don't know if the general public would find them humorous. My professors are quite quirky and unique, and it's fun making fun of them.

I also want to note how awesome it is to wear a suit. I had to wear it all day, and granted, all I did was ride MARTA, sit in the library, give my arguments, then go home, but I felt way cooler. If someone had asked what I did for a living, I would have said that I was an attorney. Only a minor falsity. Let's just say, it's a power trip.

I wasn't sure I was in the mood to do a film tonight. I mean, it is Friday night and I'm blogging. Not exactly super cool. But I guess I can do one. Did you guess from the title of this post what number 89 is?? It's the first musical.

100. The Three Muskateers
99. Independence Day
98. Kindergarten Cop
97. Hook
96. Beetlejuice
95. Mulan/Aladdin
94. Talladega Nights
93. Back to the Future
92. Tommy Boy
91. Finding Nemo
90. Borat
89. Chicago (2002)

What It Is:
A 1920's era musical about women trapped in mundane lives wanting to live the famous jazz life and murder their boyfriends. By women I mean Renee Zellwegger. John C. Reilly and Queen Latifah are pretty awesome in the movie and Catherine Zeta Jones does a decent leading lady. I don't love Zellwegger or Richard Gere who also lead. The movie is told from Zellwegger's perspective and the story telling is cool because it's like a show-within-the-show. That's a horrible explanation, but I'm tired.

Why I Like It:
The soundtrack. I love singing musicals, especially when I'm driving and no one else is around. Or when someone else is around, either way. I didn't love the movie as much as I love the other movies on my list, but the songs more than make up for it. I'm especially partial to Cell Block Tango and Queen Latifah's song.

I Bet You Didn't Know:
Apparently, Madonna was supposed to play Velma Kelly. Thank God for Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Memorable Moments:
I like the scene when the ballerina gets executed. And the Richard Gere press conference song.

No comments:

Post a Comment