Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's Been Awhile

Sorry it's been so long. Last weekend, Katie was in town for her birthday. Then, I had to drive to Jacksonville Monday for an interview. Then, Monday night, I got sick. I've stayed sick until now. I actually pulled a muscle in my chest from being sick, so it kinda hurts to breath and laugh, but that's slowly getting better, too. On the plus side, I lost a pound and a half.

Lots of Congrats are in order: Katie turned a quarter of a century last Friday. My grandfather celebrated his 93 or 94th birthday last Saturday. I rocked my job interview last Monday. Dad turned 72 yesterday. And Don and Wren closed on the sale of their first house yesterday, embarking on what I have done many times: living with Mom and Dad. So a pretty stressful, yet celebratory week all around.

I'm going home this weekend for Halloween. I'm resurrecting Carmaflodge from the Halloween costume graveyard, because Anne Boelyn is not done yet. Next year. I also have my last interview on Monday in Savannah. Hopefully, by the end of next week, I'll know where I'll be/what I'm doing next summer.

I also realize that I haven't done a movie in awhile. This makes me sad, but finals are coming, so I don't know if I'll be able to get a movie in any time soon. I don't think it should take me more than a year to review 100 movies, so I have a goal to finish them before a year comes up.

Finally, I saw two movies with Katie: Where The Wild Things Are and Paranormal Activity. I don't recommend either. Paranormal Activity kept me from sleeping for two nights, and if I'm still awake between 2 and 3 am, I still have a hard time. I just think Where the Wild Things Are missed the mark, and I don't normally judge movies on their books or vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment