- Don't assume that everyone goes out at the same time you do.
- Free drinks save money!
- At the Blackjack Table, bet your gut, not just the odds. Just don't be surprised when the "pros" at the table try and beat you up later.
- Just because the hotel says the pool bar is open until 5pm doesn't mean that it will still be open when you show up at 3:30 in you bathing suit expecting a pina colada.
- The hike to La Mina Falls is brutal but worth it. The force of a real-life waterfall is powerful.
- The staff at the hotel probably doesn't know anything about the area.
- Not all car rental agencies are the same, especially if you aren't 25 yet. CHARLIE, YOU ROCK!
- You can still flush urine even if a sign says you're only allowed to flush toilet paper.
- Refrigerators and thermostats in a hotel room make all the difference in the world.
- I CAN do a trip without bringing my blanket - so THERE!!!!
- El Yunque Rain Forest is pretty amazing. But DO NOT trust the maps and don't bother with the welcome center that charges you $3.00 for no reason.
- Online reviews are extremely helpful in finding amazing places to eat. Honest to God: two of the best meals I've ever had in my life!!
- Local spice stores make for great shopping, but if you don't plan on checking luggage, it can be limiting.
- Unfamiliar oceans make me a little jumpy to get into... But walking barefoot on the beach in the moonlight is one of the coolest experience no matter where you are!
- Even though the tourist attractions are, well, tourist attractions, they can still be kinda cool.
- Delta may* be the worst airline ever.
- It is an established fact that I'm bad luck when traveling.
- If you have a really early flight, it can be pretty nice just ordering a movie and staying in the night before.
* Replace "may" with "is"
Pictures coming soon.